Friday, November 24, 2006

Doll making books

I have confused myself on not knowing which books I want to buy first. The ones I am interested in are,

the 3 books by Patti Medaris Culea, creative cloth doll making, creative cloth doll faces and creative cloth doll couture,

the other ones are by Susan Oroyan, Anatomy of a Doll: The Fabric Sculptor's Handbook, Designing the Doll: From Concept to Construction ,Finishing the Figure: Doll Costuming, Embellishments, Accessories

I will have to think a bit more on it and do some more reading up on them, I will post which ones I eventually pick.

2 comments:

CBM said...

Hi Lisa, the best one to start with is the Patti Medaris Culea "Creative Cloth Doll Making". It has three versions of the body, and detailed information on faces and basic clothing-ie bodice and sleeve. They are all excellent books, but the Patti Medaris Culea ones will give you variations to use but with the patterns. Then when you really want to design by yourself I'd collect the others.

Lisa said...

Hi Coryn, thankyou so much for that, I really appreciate your advice.I really want to learn how to design my own dolls but I also want to learn different techniques, specially with the faces first.

My dh suggested getting Creative cloth doll making and a couple of the other ones,

they are going to be my chrissy pressies, so I better hurry and make my mind up because amazon has the books marked down at the moment and if I want them here by christmas I will have to get them ordered.

Are you interested in Wellbeing and Health? Do you want to live each day full of energy and the best you have felt in a long time? Are ...