Saturday, May 19, 2007

Pics of around town

These are just some pics of around town, they were taken a couple of years ago.

The look out tower is on top of the hill over looking the park and town, has 124 steps and once you are at the top the view is fantastic, the pic below is one taken from there looking straight across the main part of town.



Looking down to the rotunda in the park from about half way down the hill from the look out tower.



Picture of our park, you can just see the entrance in the photo below to the left of the fountain, when your in there you wouldn't even think you are right in the heart of the town, its really lovely, unfortunately because of the drought the park has suffered but we have had really good rain these last couple of days with more on the way, things might be looking up. :-)


The fountain in the center of town, it was finished being built in 1881, on new years eve the council have to fence right around it as people love getting in there and climbing on it, so its a way to help protect it.

Our Cathedral, its really a beautiful church, inside and outside, we were at my sister's place and was so happy we had the camera with us that day, the church just looked so good lit up with the sun and the storm clouds behind it.

5 comments:

AimlessDaze said...

Oh wow.... LOVE the yellow tree!!! And you got one Awesome shot of that church!!! It is gorgeous......

Your town looks so lovely. Wish I could visit.... I'd like to sit by the fountain and just soak up the sights..... :o)

Lisa said...

I'm glad you liked them Aims, I'll go through some more pics soon and put them up for you.:-)

Would be great if you could visit, its like when I see pics where you are, I would love so much to visit over there..hmmm...just gotta win lotto..lol

Vi said...

Awesome Pictures Lisa. Makes me want to visit you all more then ever. That church looks amazing...and the yellow tree is beautiful.

Lisa said...

Looking forward to when yous can come here for a visit Vi :-)

AimlessDaze said...

I'll work at posting more pics to my blog as well.... I'll do better once I actually leave the house! lol I have to wait until it is cooler....

Are you interested in Wellbeing and Health? Do you want to live each day full of energy and the best you have felt in a long time? Are ...